Shared vs Managed WordPress Hosting which is better to use in 2019
Shared WordPress hosting or managed WordPress hosting, many website owners as you struggle to choose the right WordPress hosting.
Perhaps, it is also a confusing topic that how these two types of web hosting differ from each other.
With countless web hosting providers with different hosting packages, picking the right accommodation tends to be more intimidating. Therefore, you should better understand the key differences to choose the right one for your website or blog.
The difference between managed and shared WordPress hosting is like day and night. Managed Hosting is far superior on all fronts- from speed to safety. With managed hosting, the whole website is managed for you, so you do not have to worry about security issues, problematic plugins, backups or upgrades. Everything is done for you, allowing you to focus on content and building your brand.
Introduction to Shared WordPress Hosting
Shared hosting is simply a hosting plan where website shares space and resources of a server with other sites. Thus, thousands of sites are parked together on shared hosting.
You can host a web site built with a page builder or CMS such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. It is a platform where many sites share resources with each other in a single server. They share the bandwidth, disk space, and processing power of the server.
By its nature, shared hosting is cheap. So, this kind of hosting is ideal for new sites or small, or with a tight budget. Usually, shared hosting costs around $ 3 to $ 5 per month.
Shared hosting is a cheap hosting option. But, remember this kind of hosting comes with some responsibility. Sign up for shared hosting and you have to set up and configure your own site.
Some of us may find this incredible DIY task. But, you do not have to worry about it as long as you host on a reliable hosting company. Your website hosting company’s support team will invest their time in helping you set up WordPress and deal with the problems that you encounter during the process.
Introduction to Managed WordPress Hosting
Managed WordPress hosting is the result of the popularity of WordPress. Most web hosting provider now has specialized in WordPress hosting with some management.
Managed WordPress hosting is a type of hosting where the hosting provider manages all the technical aspects of your entire website. Forget fretting about server configuration and technical improvement; focus on the development of your site instead.
Managed WordPress hosting comes with additional functionality such as better security, CDN, external backup daily, staging, built-in caching, and more. The host will update your site, your data, perform security checks at regular intervals, and give your website a blazing fast speed and optimum performance. You can also use the high-tier managed WordPress hosting and reselling WordPress hosting for your clients.
Pros and Cons of shared and managed WordPress hosting
Pros and Cons of Shared WordPress hosting:
- cPanel- Most of the companies offer cPanel which makes it easy to manage your website, email, domain, and more.
- Cost- One of the biggest advantages of using a Shared WordPress hosting service is cheaper and can be purchased for as low as $ 2.75 per month.
- Email accounts- You get professional email service for free. This means you can set up a business email as firstname.lastname@example.org without spending a penny more.
- Downtime- You may face frequent downtimes with some shared hosting companies.
- Not suitable for high traffic sites- Shared WordPress hosting is most suitable for personal sites, small businesses, startups, or anyone that doesn’t receive tons of traffic.
- Slow response time- Your website may load slowly due to slow server response time when compared to a managed WordPress hosting.
Pros and Cons of Managed WordPress hosting:
- Daily Backup- your website files are always secure as the hosts managed backup and database sites daily. They also allow you to restore your website if you wish.
- Fast and Secure- Managed WordPress hosting offer the latest technology which ensures your site to load quickly. They also take care of the security of your WordPress website that it is safe from hackers and malware.
- Core Update- They take care of the core WordPress updates and thus, help you to secure your site. Some companies even go the extra mile with automatic updating of themes and plugins.
- Support- Managed WordPress hosting offers premium support to its customers.
- Expensive- One of the biggest disadvantages of using Managed WordPress hosting services is they are very expensive when compared to shared hosting.
- Restriction on certain Plugin- This Managed WordPress hosting focused on making your WordPress site optimized for speed. In other words, this hosting does not allow you to use certain plugins that can slow down your site.
Only a WordPress Site access- While shared hosting allows you to host a site that you want to include simple HTML pages, managed to host companies only allow you to host a WordPress website on their servers.